Sunday, August 3, 2014

Promptings


It was Sharon’s* birthday, so I thought I should take a moment to jot her a birthday note.

I began the birthday email, praying about what blessing from Scripture to give her.

“Really, Lord?” I asked, as the Lord brought a verse to mind. That might seem a little strange for a birthday blessing, I thought.

Well, I could just be candid about that, I reasoned to myself, as I felt further convicted that it was the right verse. So here is what I wrote:

Just thought I’d send a blessing your way. Might seem a little unique, but this verse blessed me yesterday. It’s a good way to live. Psalm 112:7: “He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.” Happy birthday!

And here is part of the response I received from Sharon:

Man, God is so good & amazing!  The verse that blessed you yesterday does so with me today, as literally I just learned that my younger brother's eldest daughter was admitted to the hospital yesterday due to complications with her leukemia.  I just stand in awe that God knew the timing & need.  

God knows what He is doing, and it is pretty awesome that He lets us be part of His ministry to others.



*name changed

No comments:

Post a Comment