Saturday, January 17, 2015

Continuing to pray for world-change

http://www.operationworld.org/
This journey of praying to change the world (see http://thebookoflifeblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/praying-to-change-world.html) has been a worthwhile one. Since December 17, 2014, I have created a daily prayer post for a need around the world that will impact those well beyond my immediate circle of influence. I have been surprised by the response. 

Friends and family members from around the country have noted how they have appreciated the posts--people I hardly ever hear from, as well as people I see weekly. 

A relative in Minnesota wrote, “It helps me to focus outside of my own little world,” which is exactly the point (or one of them, anyway)! Thank You, Jesus, and amen! 

At this point, I will no longer be posting daily prayers. Instead, I refer people to a similar email list provided here: http://www.operationworld.org/join-prayer-movement. I will be subscribing to that email list myself. 

I will post prayers occasionally for needs that arise around our world (along with my other posts). 

My biggest encouragement is for you to pray to change the world every day however suits you best. Revisit the prayers I posted, use the prayer list I mentioned above, buy a copy of Operation World, or just do what I did: pay attention to what's happening around you. When you read the news, consider and pray concerning the implications surrounding what you're reading. Ask your friends to join you. 

Praying to change the world is a lifelong journey, and I don't plan to get out of the habit. 


Thanks for reading. And, much more important: thanks for praying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment